Friday, January 29, 2016

Even Unto Death

And they have conquered him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, for they loved not their lives even unto death.
Revelation 12:11

I've had the privilege of participating in Bible Study Fellowship (BSF) for the past several months. We are in the midst of studying the book of Revelation. It has been quite a ride, to say the least! At times, it can be easy to be overwhelmed with fear and uncertainty of what is to come. However, we already know the end of the story. Jesus wins! In fact, the battle has already been won.

I guess I don't worry so much about the end of the story. My fears are related to how we will get to the end. More accurately, I worry about how I will do when my end comes. Ever since sitting under the preaching of Pastor Eddie Byun at Onnuri English Ministry in Seoul, Korea, I've been challenged to pray this simple, yet powerful prayer:

Lord, let me finish well. Let me die faithfully, no matter what.

This has become a recurring prayer of mine.

When I first heard Audrey Assad's Even Unto Death, it struck a chord in my heart. I've listened to it countless times and find it so encouraging and inspiring each time.




We have no control over when our time will come. Lottie Moon summed it up well when she said, "I am immortal until God calls me home." It is comforting to rest in God's foreknowledge and sovereignty. Although I doubt my own ability to remain faithful to the Faithful One, I can only trust that HE will give me what it takes when the times comes to remain faithfully His (whatever that may look like). My prayer is the same for you.

Be faithful unto death... Revelation 2:10

No comments:

Post a Comment