Thursday, January 28, 2016

Three Things

Missions. Marriage. Motherhood. Three things that I am passionate about. Three things that I have poured a lot of dreams, prayers, and time into. Three things that I plan to devote a lot more time to on this blog.

There was a time when I had absolutely NO interest in missions whatsoever. However, through a series of events, God took a simple prayer of surrender and completely transformed my heart. Since then, I've had the privilege of going on several short-term mission trips, as well as living overseas for two years. For a season, I thought that the Lord might call me to be overseas long-term and was actually somewhat disappointed when He led me back to the States. I've since learned that His call to return home was not an end to my involvement with missions. Rather, it was the beginning of another chapter in the journey. Currently, I have the privilege of working with international students on a regular basis and my husband and I serve on the missions committee at our church.



Speaking of my husband, I am so thankful for God's design for marriage! I vividly remember beginning to pray for my future husband in the fourth grade. Marriage was a desire of my heart for many years. Although it took longer than I thought for those prayers to come to fruition, the wait was well worth it! My husband, David, and I got married on June 22, 2013. I am so thankful to have such a godly man to share this journey with.



On July 10, 2015, David and I welcomed our little Johanna Lynn into the world and my dreams of becoming a momma came true. As the oldest of five kids, I always had a bit of "mothering" in me (my siblings would probably describe it more accurately as "bossing"). Being Johanna's momma has definitely changed me. Being a mother is one of the greatest joys, but also brings a fair number of challenges. Daily, I am reminded of how much I need the Lord to give me wisdom. Daily, I'm reminded of how much of a treasure and a blessing our precious little girl is.


Although I blogged quite a bit in the past, I've been away for several years. I'm excited to start writing again and have so many things that I am eager to share regarding missions, marriage, and motherhood. Thank you for allowing me to share my journey with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment